Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of the Game: March 2018

Hello Heroes!

Unfortunately this will be our Last State of the Game for Age of Heroes. It is with a heavy heart that I announce that 5th Planet Games is taking a step back from Age of Heroes: Conquest. What does this mean:
    The game will still be open, and you will still be able to play.
    Support services are still offered for the game but at a lighter level. I will still be answering support tickets but wait times may be extended, and there may be some support services that are no longer offered.
    New Features will not be Introduced.
    An event schedule and a Market Schedule will remain in the game.
    Bug fixes will be few and far between, if there's something I can easily fix, I will do so.

I will still be around and doing Heroes things, but we wanted to make sure we adjusted the community's expectations appropriately. For the most part if you've been around the last couple months, not a whole lot is going to change. We are aware of people upset about the market situation and this will be fixed soon so that everyone can purchase the market deals if they so choose. I will put that fix out early next week with a few other tweaks

Personally this is a very hard post for me to make. I have been fighting hard to keep this game on track for quite some time. We've had some pretty tough times but also some really good times. There has been a lot of behind the scenes stuff I wish I could fill you in on, but I would just like to say I greatly appreciate all of you supporting us. I personally poured my heart into this project and I am so appreciative of every ounce of support all of you have put into it.

Announcements like these can be hard to take and I understand people can be pretty upset at a community they've been linked into making a major change like this. It was not a easy decision to make and my heart goes out to all those who are upset at this announcement. With that said please do try to keep your comments at least civil. I will be removing any that get too toxic.

I will do my best to answer questions over the next few weeks, I am still planning on making some 'spice' up changes to get more varied in the events system. I got a little busy when I received word we would be making these changes. But I will be implementing events that should last a good long while. If there are any particular you'd like to see more of/less of feel free to let me know below or in a support ticket addressed to Age of Heroes.

Whether you continue playing or move on, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Anyone playing actively and giving you guys feedback knew this months ago, could have posted it also earlier. Well thanks for the time you put into this and might see you on your next projects. Will be playing still for now a little, but no clue for how long.
    Farewell

Comment

This is indeed sad news, but unfortunately not totally unexpected. I do wish to thank you and your team for creating a fun inviting world to waste a lot of time in. And especially you Kodiak...thank you...for all your efforts, even now.

Comment

To Muhv,
        Sure that's fair. I agree some telltale signs have been made, however, we did not announce sooner because there were some opportunities with advertising and bringing in new players that we were pursuing that may have avoided this path. However, unfortunately, those things we were holding out for did not work out. To Zorak, thank you for your kind words. I wish you both well.

Comment

since no more improvements i hope you start to put 4k deals much often at least to market from now

Comment

Sad news indeed. I have been lurking around every now and then ever since I moved on from the game myself. Ever curious in seeinng where AoH:C would go next. And even keeping open the possibility to check out the game again someday. Kodiak I want to thank you for working on this project and giving it the effort and love you did as well as the rest of the people working on this. Even if the product didn't turn out perfectly you did try. I have many good memories from the time I was actively participatin in the game and community. I am looking forward to what future projects you might be working on. I'll be sure to take a look if those are brought to my attention. To those still playing Age of Heroes I hope you continue to enjoy the game as long as you may. And to those fun and wonderful people thanks to this game, I would not trade that with anything.

Comment

Honestly I am both surprised and glad Kodiak finally came out and told the truth instead of just another stall SotG where he said they would be working on bugs, but I guess after two months and nothing to show for those previous promises he was pretty much forced to come clean.
              Good Luck to the fine folks I met here, I can only shake my head as with many of you I saw the potential this game had and I will never truly understand why 5PG was unable to fulfill that potential. All it would have taken is effort, which has been seriously lacking in this game for months. I can only assume the "behind the scenes stuff" Kodiak is referencing is they lost the guy who actually knew how to program and have yet to fill his void. Because the game should never have stalled the way this one did.

Comment

Once a month, a special Guantled. DD who was - with the Brothers. It would not be bad to see this. If these events were more frequent - Battlefield would not upset so much. It was necessary to move in this direction - to improve what already works. Guantled, Arena, DD, New Zones. New Heroes and Ammunition. It would help to stay in the game to many players. Exchange XP for gold or powder. Exchange of Spirit Stones for anything - rubies, gold. Interest would be preserved for many not for one year.

Comment

Once a month, a special Guantled. DD who was - with the Brothers. It would not be bad to see this. If these events were more frequent - Battlefield would not upset so much. It was necessary to move in this direction - to improve what already works. Guantled, Arena, DD, New Zones. New Heroes and Ammunition. It would help to stay in the game to many players. Exchange XP for gold or powder. Exchange of Spirit Stones for anything - rubies, gold. Interest would be preserved for many not for one year.

Comment

Came back after a while of not playing to see if things have changed... I see they have

I would just like to say this:
                    Never again am I playing your games... Your words are sweet now, Kodiak, but they weren't as sweet for the past few months. Lied and decieved you have, young padawan, and this leads not to the light side I wish you well though in whatever you decide to do after AOH... Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X